Monday 1 July 2013

Two colours

Kandis choice this week and she chose 'two colours'

Kandis' card


My card is a C5 pearlescent card, followed by another piece of pearlescent card which I have pricked around the edges in 'sue wilson' style. I then embossed a piece of pink coordinations card using an 8x8 embossilicious folder and sanded it down a little. The border was die cut using a die from crafters companion and stencilled using distress ink spun sugar. I have cover the edge with a piece of white ribbon followed by a smaller piece of pink ribbon. My flower is a spellbinders die which I have stencilled using distress ink spub sugar and topped it off with a piece of card candi.
My topper is a stencil from Dreamweaver. I have used pearlescent paste from Sweet Poppy Stencils followed by some pink glitter from crafters companion and I then left it dry overnight.

Chris' card


I love vintage and distressed styles but occasionally I come across a contemporary designer who captures my imagination. That recently happened with Jo Firth-Young of PaperArtsy, her designs are very appealing.
I saw these gorgeous little birdies (one of her minis collection) and had to have.


They're great for any 'love' card - wedding, engagement, anniversary or just to say "I love you" to a partner, family member or friend.
Our challenge this week is 'Two colours' so I chose yellow and orange. You'll have to forgive the red heart, I coloured it red without thinking. Imagine it's yellow for friendship please, lol.

Kathy's card


This card is A5, Portrait and a dark beige, the main matt is a lighter pearlescent beige. The stamped image is from KanBan, and l used Frayed Burlap distressed ink and embossed with clear embossing powder, and lightly coloured with the same. Using one of my dies l cut it out and then a larger one in the darker beige for the matt. The rosette was made from a strip of med. paper the was punched on one side with a border punch, scored and folded in pleats to make the rosette and topped with a small circle with text on. The 65 was cut with my Cricut machine in the same colours.

Sheila's card


My card is 6x6, my first layer is yellow pearl card trimmed slightly smaller than my base card. My second layer I embossed down the sides using a border embossing folder. I placed rbbon down the centre before placing onto my card. I then cut a shape using one of my dies and stamped my sentiment. I found some contrasting brads and added these to my sentiment, once this was in place I added bows and buttons to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The craftateers love to read your comments, thank you in advance for any you may leave.