Sunday 9 June 2013

Quote or message

Chris decided on 'Qoute or message' as this weeks theme

Chris' card


A simple stepper for my 'quotation' card this week.
With this quote I decided to make a wedding card.


I've used a Spellbinders DLites die for the window, the cameos are Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers, the wedding rings are a Marianne die and the decorative heart is a Martha Stewart punch.

Kathy's card


This card is a A5 Landscape foiled card from my stash, so thought it would be a lovely base card. I stamped out the sentiment and embossed with gold detail powder, then cut out with my Gold Spellbinders, before doing so l rubbed the die with Perfect Medium, then, after cutting, l once again used Gold detail powder, was very pleased with the finished effect. The lower shape was twisted on its side, the top- vertical. The flowers were made by using Creative Expressions stamps using toning lightweight card, then glittered, these were placed in lower corner with a green scroll underneath. Finished off with some toning perfect pearls.

Sheila's card


I started by cutting 2 shapes for my base card using a grand spellbinders die. The shape for the back of the card I scored at the first notch and stuck this to the other shape matching the cut pattern. I then used a piece of backing paper from my stash and after inking the edges I mounted it onto white card and then silver mirror card.This was then added to my card. I then used a spellbinders die to stamp my message onto, before removing the die I inked the edges. I then stamped my message and created a faux frame with silver mirror card by tracing the outside of the die. I mounted the frame onto my card with foam pads to create dimension. I made a double bow from ribbon and twirled the tails for a more elegant effect. I tehn added peel offs and gems.

Kandis' card


Hello fellow crafters.  After loosing my mojo for a week I had a sudden spurge of inspiration and this was the result.  Gosh glad my mojo is back!
I began with a C5 white pearlescent card, followed by another piece of white pearlescent card which I draw lines around the edges to act as a frame.  I then embossed another piece of white pearlescent card using an A4 embossing folder and distressed it using spiced marmalade.
The spellbinders I have used are as follows: -
-Lace Doily Motifs
-Jewel Flowers & Flourishes
-Scalloped Ovals
-Classic Large Ovals.
My quote has been stamped using clear embossing ink and embossed using Cosmic Shimmer Olympic Gold Lustre embossing powder.  The sentiment is from Sheena Douglas A Little it Sketchy range - Rain.
Thanks for joining us.  Take care.

4 comments:

  1. O wow they are gorjuss love them both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four absolutely fabulous cards - couldn't choose a favourite from these, they are all beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creations ladies.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

The craftateers love to read your comments, thank you in advance for any you may leave.